Senior joint replacement surgeon
M.B.B.S., M.S. (ORTHO)
1991-1997 – M.L.B.Medical College Jhansi U.P. – M.B.B.S. – Bundelkhand University, U.P.
1998-2001 – Central Institute Of Orthopaedics – M.S. (Ortho) – Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi.
UniversityOf Delhi, INDIA.
2011 – American Institute of Medicine – M.Ch.(Ortho) – (University of Seychelles)
DETAILS OF CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
I worked in 1600 bedded busy tertiary centre attached to a medical college; Department of orthopaedics had 170 beds and three units, with 14 consultants & 40 resident doctors. I had to provide services in Casualty department for one month in every six months and gained experience in organizing a busy casuality and handling of a variety of emergency situations. My work involved, attending the out patients; thorough examination, Planning of treatment, and management of indoor (admitted) patients.
I have independently performed surgery in routine O.T. besides emergency O.T., where I’ve done various spine surgeries like posterior decompression & pedicular screw Fixation in traumatic paraplegia, anterior decompression & C.S.L.P. fixation in traumatic Quadriplegia, discectomy in P.I.V.D., A.L.D in tubercular paraplegia. PMSTR in CTEV. I’ve assisted various arthoplasty procedures, like T.K.R, T.H.R., Total elbow replacement, Total shoulder replacement& managed every kind of trauma cases independently. My pioneer work is on Ilizarov application in various complicated #s like infected nonunion, defiitive treatment of some compound #s, deformity correction. JESS fixation in neglected CTEV. Worked in the specialized emergency dealing with about >100 trauma cases daily gave me experience in coordinated work among different specialties acting to provide quick and effective management to trauma victim.
My work also involved teaching of undergraduate & postgraduate students in Clinical case presentation, ward round discussion. Since last six years in Orthonova hospital and in Rockland hospital I have performed many primary, revision and complex joint replacement surgery and given internationally acclaimed result .Now my working area is focusing on primarily joint replacement surgery of hip, knee, shoulder and elbow.
TRAINING COURSES AND SYMPOSIUM ATTENDED
- Symposium cum workshop on arthroscopy at central institute of orthopaedics Safdarjung Hospital New Delhi, December 1998.
- Workshop on Ilizarov at Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in December 1999.
- Symposium cum workshop on Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy at central institute of orthopaedics Safdarjung Hospital New Delhi, December 2000.
- Symposium on deformity correction at Science Center New Delhi in Dec.2000.
- Workshop on Injury of Hand and Clubfoot –2001, at L.H.M.C, New Delhi. December 2001.
- First & Second P.G. instructional courses at M.A.M.C. New Delhi in 1998 & 2001.
- DOACON, 1998,2002, & 2003.
- Latest Advances in Intramedullary Nailing in Apollo Hospital in March 2002.
- Arthroplasty Brain Storm-2002held in Indraprasth Apollo Hospital October 2002.
- Symposium on Current Trends in Total Knee Arthroplasty (Mobile Bearing) New Delhi, December 2002.
- Seminar on Intramedullary Nailing in Femur for the Proximal & Diaphyseal #s in New Delhi, May 2003.
- Seminar & Hand on Workshop On Locking Compression Plate (LCP). New Delhi September 2004.
- AO Spine ASIA PACIFIC October 2004.
- ETHISKILL ORTHOPAEDICS, at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education June 2005.
- Hip All Option-2005 at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital on August 2005.
- Current Concepts In Arthroplasty; AIIMS New Delhi September 2005.
- Participated as Member Organizing Committee at the ANNUAL CONFERENCE Of Indian Arthroscopy Society, October 16th 2005 New Delhi.
- Depuy ProximaHip Asia Launch at Max Institute of Orthopaediics & Joint Replacement.in July 2006
- Annual Delta Course on Sydeney June 2006.
- 3rd Joint Replacement State of Art 2006.
- IOACON Nov.2006 New Delhi.
- Intelligent Hip & Knee Surgery 2007 Chennai.
- Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society 9th Annual Conference, held in September 2007.
- Ranawat Orthpaedic Research Foundation Conference held in January 2008.
- Current concepts joint replacement ,Lasvegas (USA) in 2008.
- IOACON 2011 Noida India.
- ASPACDeltaMotionFebruary 24-25,2012 Chulalongkorn Hospital,Bangkok,Thailand
- Current concepts joint replacement 2012 Lasvagas (USA)
- TEACHING EXPERIENCE
VMMC & SAFDARJUNG Hospital (October2002-October2005); Taking regular classes of undergraduate & postgraduate residents during case presentation, bedside discussion & ward rounds.
Presented various seminars and journal clubs in the department like Rickets, Gas gangrene.The basic concept of knee joint replacement, crosslinking of polyethylene